Why May You Need Help with Writing a Sales Letter?
The best sales letter can be a powerful selling tool. If written professionally and accurately they are a simple and direct way to generate leads and orders to help your business grow. A successful sales letter is not about what you are offering. It’s about showing why it addresses the need or solves the problem of your target customer.
But for many people, they can present a daunting writing challenge. To help you try and overcome this, it is often a good idea to look at sales letter samples as they can be a good source of information and how to word your sales letter. The number one objective for any sales letter though is to get the letter read.
To help with this, our expert writers have provided some well-established facts for writing the best sales letter:
- Put Yourself in Their Shoes. This is the most important aspect of a good sales letter, imagine yourself as the reader and only write what the customer wants to know. You only have one page to attract new customers and you will lose that opportunity if only emphasizing your business. The customer’s main concern will be their needs and desires.
- Organize Your Letter. Sales letters need an introduction, a body and a conclusion. In the introduction, tell why you’re sending the letter. The body is the main sales pitch where you can explain about your product and why your offer is irresistible. The conclusion wraps it up by briefly bringing your points together and asking the customer to take advantage of the offer.
- Make It Easy to Read. Most sales letters are generally thrown away because they appear too complicated. Don’t let this happen to yours. Use the following guidelines:
- Write in a conversational style. Formal tones are usually unnecessary in sales letters.
- Use only short sentences.
- Compose short paragraphs. It needs to flow smoothly and sound natural.
- Proofread. Besides being difficult to read, errors in words and grammar can reduce the effectiveness of your letter.
- Capture Your Reader’s Attention. Use headlines to tell readers something they want to know in a way that grabs their attention. You can use longer headlines to present important information. Either way, always make the headline compelling so that your customers will want to read the rest of the story. Get them involved with a steady flow of interesting information and build on the sentences so they are encouraged to continue reading.
- Make the Reader Want What You Are Selling. This is done by answering the question, “What’s in it for me”? Every day we see commercials or receive junk mail, all trying to sell something. You can help reduce the chances of your letter going straight in the bin by having your letter stand out by not selling, but offering benefits instead.
- Urge the Reader to Take Action. Potential customers won’t know what know what to do next unless you explain it to them. If you want them to call you, provide a phone number. If you want them to visit your business, invite them with directions and your office hours. Urge them to take action right away by running a short time only promotion. This gives a sense of urgency to follow up on your letter.
“In case you had illusions to the contrary, no one is sitting around hoping and praying that they will receive your sales letter. When it arrives, it is most likely an unwelcome pest. How do you earn your welcome as a guest? By immediately saying something that is recognized by the recipient as important and valuable and beneficial”. Daniel Kennedy, Author – The Ultimate Sales Letter.
Check out our tips on how to make official letter writing process a lot more easier!
We Guarantee Our Letter Writing Services
We know that even looking through an endless amount of sales letter samples may leave you confused as to what should be included in your sales letter. You need a letter that is going to be effective and we guarantee to provide you with a first class document that will be effective and unique. Through us you will gain from:
- 24/7 ordering and customer support.
- Unlimited alterations to your letter.
- A full satisfaction money back guarantee.
- Unique customized writing that will also be checked for plagiarism.
- Error free writing that has been carefully proofread.
- On time delivery guaranteed every time.
- Highly affordable writing with no hidden charges.
- Fully confidential help.